Sika®-1 Waterproofer is an aqueous solution containing complex colloidal silicates. In the presence of water these swell and block the capillaries and pores in the applied sand/cement renders, screeds and mortar to provide an effective barrier against the transmission of liquid water.
Used: for structural screeds to resist water pressure below ground when used in conjunction with Sika®-1 pre-batched mortars; waterproof renders to resist moisture above ground; internal below ground basement waterproofing; general waterproofing admixture for mortar.
- Proven track record for over 100 years.
- Suitable for brick, concrete and stone substrates.
- Can be applied against live water infiltration, in conjunction with Sika® 2 and Sika® 4a.
- Wall render and floor screed application.
- Can be used internally and externally.
- Excellent resistance to backwater pressure.
- Approximate coverage 0.75 litres